July 23, 2015

Hello, I still exist!

self_1

Hey, guys.

How are you?

Let me start by telling you how I am.

Over the past couple of months, I feel as though I've been pushed over a cliff and I've been left hanging by the skin of my teeth on the edge.

Life sucks sometimes, I'm aware of that, but I keep thinking to myself, how many bad cards am I going to be dealt time, after time, after time before I get a good hand?

Everything seems so hard, so complex. I'm not sure I like adult life. I just want to curl up on the couch and watch cartoons all day without having to worry about finding money to pay my rent, or the fact that I haven't done a photo shoot for literally months.

So yeah, that's how I'm feeling at the moment. Now, let me fill you in on a few other details that have happened recently.

1. I quit my job. 
You know that really cool job that I was talking about earlier in the year? I've since left that. I can't go into more detail, but I left because I wasn't fitting in as well as I wanted.

2. I started an internship.
A super cool internship with a little web development company called Digitalsmith. They have plans to take over the world and I am entirely okay with that. I've been writing blog posts, taking photos, going to meetings about secret projects and running their social media twice a week. It's fun, and I'm so grateful for the amazing opportunity Leighton, Rob and the team have given me.

3. I started back on campus at University.
As some of you may know, I've been completing my undergraduate degree online. But after a year and a half of sitting in front of a computer studying, I got a little lonely and wanted to make some friends. I'm now on campus twice a week and so far, I am loving it! :)

I'll be posting a little more frequently over the next few months now. I have more time to conduct photo shoots and I'm required to do a lot of blogging for my university subjects! I'll be sharing a lot, but not all of it will be photography related.

We're going to Bendigo this weekend for a 21st birthday. I'm hoping to take some photos as well as maybe creating a little film to share.

And that's my life at the moment.

Let me know what you guys have been up to - I haven't had much of a chance to read any blogs in quite a while! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had the strength to recognise that your job wasn't making you happy and you were able to walk away from it- it can be really tough to leave something but you did what was best for you and sound so much happier in your intern position.
    I totally forgot Deakin has a trimester system which overlaps with Monash, but I'm glad your classes give you the freedom to pursue what you enjoy doing!

    I haven't been up to much myself, but I started writing my literatrue review and thesis (blergh) but have also been blogging/ preaching self love with Twin Peaks references:
    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/every-day-once-day-give-yourself-present.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to catch up on your life. I'm glad you had the strength to leave your job; it's definitely time to leave when something no longer serves you or makes you happy.


    I just got offered a new job yesterday actually - I start on Monday :)


    Have fun at the party!


    Erin | http://beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! I read every single comment that's posted and reply to as many as I can! Your feedback is appreciated :)