July 30, 2015

Postcards from Bendigo

So I forgot to tell you something super important in my last blog post...

I FINALLY GOT MY DRIVING LICENSE!

And it only took me two-and-a-half years after my eighteenth birthday to get it.

Hurrah!

Last weekend, Paul and I took a little road trip to Bendigo for my friend, Molly's 21st birthday party. Whilst I had my DSLR with me, I didn't take many photographs with it and opted to use my mobile instead. I'm really lazy sometimes, ok?

self_1

To be honest, we spent most of our time in Bendigo napping. It was Paul's first weekend off since the beginning of May and my first weekend since the start of June. When we felt like leaving the comfort of bed we walked around the Bendigo CBD, admiring the beautiful architecture.

We visited a Buddhist temple and lit incense. The temple worshipped the goddess of mercy, Guan Yun and there were thousands of paper cranes and a whole table filled with tributes of food. 

self_1
self_1

We also visited this little cafe that had a coffee machine inside a caravan?!
The coffee was excellent, the hot chocolates were literally heaven on earth and the food was delicious as well! 

Paul had a burger, of course, and I had Canadian waffles - you just cannot pass up bacon and popcorn with ice cream all on the same plate.

self_1

We had an amazing night hanging out with many of my old friends from high school in Wangaratta. Molly ate a scorpion after downing some tequila! I had to stick to sipping lemonade because I was driving, and a boogied to some country party classics.

We were also graced with a reunion performance by Not The Spice Girls. To fill you in, when we were in year nine, we all performed in a musical that centred around a talent show akin to Australia's Got Talent. At the end of the show, 'The Spice Girls' performed Stop for the crowd. Ever since then, it's been a party favourite amongst my friends.

Tom, Molly's brother was guest performing as Posh Spice.



All the hairy details: We stayed at The Schaller Studio // We visited the Golden Dragon Museum and the Conservatory Gardens // We ate at Cortillé and Brewhouse Coffee Roasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! I read every single comment that's posted and reply to as many as I can! Your feedback is appreciated :)