September 6, 2012

Week One



After much deliberation, I've decided to embark on a 52 week self portrait project in hopes to learn more about myself and appreciate myself more. I've wanted to do this project since mid 2010, when I discovered Lauren's stunning self portraits and photos of her sister.



I had a dream about this photo last night, although, in my subconscious it looked more scary than the vulnerability that this photo possesses. I decided that I wanted to photograph myself in my 'natural habitat' or bedroom for my first photo. It's where I truly live, where I'm truly myself. It's where my dreams come alive. It's a quiet, dark place at night, where I can retreat in solitude.

2 comments:

Please leave a comment below! I read every single comment that's posted and reply to as many as I can! Your feedback is appreciated :)