August 19, 2013

Mixtape Monday: Song That Make You Feel Better

Track 01: The Love Club - Lorde
Track 02: Spiritus - Lisa Mitchell
Track 03: Monuments - Yann Tiersen
Track 04: I Thought I Was An Alien - Soko
Track 05: Castles (Prod. Felix Snow) - SZA
Track 06: Sleeping In - The Postal Service
Track 07: Rill Rill - Sleigh Bells
Track 08: Here Nor There - Robin Allender
Track 09: Minuet For A Cheap Piano - A Winged Victory For The Sullen
Track 10: Bath Is Black - Marika Hackman
Track 11: Stay Stay Stay - Taylor Swift
Track 12: Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas) - Regina Spektor
Track 13: Don't Look Back - She & Him
Track 14: Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
Track 15: Queen Of Apology - Sarah Blasko
Track 16: Royals - Lorde

For most of today, I spent my time trying to decide what tonight's theme should be for Mixtape Monday. I kind of feel like I haven't really 'felt' anything over the past couple of days. The weekend went by in a blur and I feel like I'm constantly distracted by so many things. The past, the future, the never ending world of the internet. I woke up today feeling quite miserable and by the afternoon, I was just moody and angsty. I spent most of the afternoon listening to The Breeders on my iPod up really loud and playing The Sims.

To be honest, I felt stupid for feeling angry and upset at everything, so I decided to snap out of it and make a playlist with songs that made me feel happier with their catchy tunes and pretty lyrics. I'm really obsessed with Lorde at the moment. She's so talented and she's only sixteen?! The amazing young talent being unearthed is making me feel super old and even more inadequate.

I thought I'd share some photos that I took today and over the weekend. It's been awfully rainy and windy and almost all of the lovely spring weather from last week has all vanished!? However, being able to take pretty raindrop photos makes me happy. Call me cliché or whatever but I'm fascinated by water and rain, as well as light. Last night, as the sun set, the light was reflecting off the leaves on the trees and they looked like golden shimmering glitter.

Also, I really wanted to share this video of Ashton Kutcher that's circling around the internet at the moment. I've never really been a fan of him, but after this inspirational speech I definitely have a lot of respect for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! I read every single comment that's posted and reply to as many as I can! Your feedback is appreciated :)